File upload form element has been available for ages, for all the frontend developer, the file upload form element can cause headache because it's very hard to reskin, and it only has the most basic feature - file selection. Now, we have AJAX based file uploader which able to provide instant feedback, file type restriction and some other great feature such as the drag and drop capability of HTML5.
- Multiple File Uploads
- Drag and Drop
- Real-time progress indicators
- Custom upload restriction
- jQuery File UploadFile Upload widget with multiple file selection, drag&drop support, progress bars and preview images for jQuery. Supports cross-domain, chunked and resumable file uploads and client-side image resizing. Works with any server-side platform (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js, Go etc.) that supports standard HTML form file uploads.
- Pixelcone FileuploaderjQuery fileuploader uses html5 api which support ajax upload and drag and drop, and fallback to iframe upload for legacy browsers. It creates multiple forms to process multiple uploads. Each form can be processed by single upload script.
- Ajax UploadThis plugin uses XHR for uploading multiple files with progress-bar in FF3.6+, Safari4+, Chrome and falls back to hidden iframe based upload in other browsers, providing good user experience everywhere. It supports drag & drop also.
- PluploadThe developers of TinyMCE brings you Plupload, a highly usable upload handler for your Content Management Systems or similar. It supports chunking, drag & drop, image resize, file size restriction, upload progress and etc.
- UploadifyUploadify™ is a jQuery plugin that allows you to easily add multiple file upload functionality to your website. Two distinct versions (HTML5 and Flash) allow you the flexiblity to choose the right implementation for your site and fallback methods make it degrade gracefully. It supports multiple file uploads, drag and drop, real-time progress indicators and a lot of customization.
- Ajax File UploadThis AjaxFileUpload Plugin is a hacked version of Ajaxupload plugin created by yvind Saltvik, which is really good enought for normal use. Its idea is to create a iframe and submit the specified form to it for further processing. In this hacked version, it submits the specified file type of input element only rather than an entire form. Unlike the rest, this version is a bit dated and won't have HTML5 feature.
- jQuery FileDrop jQuery filedrop uses the HTML5 File API to allow users to drag multiple files from desktop to the browser, uploading each file to a user-specified URL. filedrop uses HTML5 FileReader() to read file data.