Chrome browser is one of the best browsers available online. As a web developer, I used to be a big fan of firefox because of the vast number of extension available for web development. Actually, the main reason I stick with firefox is due to the famous extension - Firebug. However, I found myself using chrome more often nowadays when I'm not developing website because of its speedy rendering speed, less bulky (my firefox has way too many web dev extensions installed) and chrome supports latest CSS3 3D transform and just good to view cutting edge website.
Based on the most recent usage share of web browsers, chrome has overtaken firefox and just a few percent behind Internet Explorer, but in fact, Chrome was able to overtake Internet Explorer for the first time few weeks ago! Now you know the trend and I see the need to create a post just to summarise the essential and useful Chrome extensions for web development.
- FirebugFirebug Lite is not a substitute for Firebug, or Chrome Developer Tools. It is a tool to be used in conjunction with these tools. Firebug Lite provides the rich visual representation we are used to see in Firebug when it comes to HTML elements, DOM elements, and Box Model shading.
- Check my links'Check My Links' is an extension developed primarily for web designers, developers and content editors to check broken links.
- Regular Expression TesterThis extensions should be used by developers to test regular expressions, also known as regex or regexp.
- Form EditorAn extension for editing custom request(GET or POST) to web server. You can modify form method and action, edit form data and extract forms from the web page.
- Unix Time Stamp ConverterConvert Unix Epoch timestamps to human readable dates (and dates to timestamps) quickly and easily with Utime.
- Color PickThis extension is 'mainly meant for experienced web developers' who need to pick color on any web page, modify color value and inspect stylesheet to identify the color.
- JSON PrettifierA JSON formatter to prettify the JSON with syntax highlighting, indentation and line break to increase readability.
- Resolution TestAn extension for developers to test web pages in different screen resolutions, with an option to define your own resolutions.
- Web DeveloperAdds a toolbar button with various web developer tools. The official port of the Web Developer extension for Firefox.
- YSlowMake your pages faster with Yahoo!'s page performance tool.
- Screen CaptureCapture visible content of a tab, a region of a web page, or the whole page as a PNG image.
- IE TabEasily run Internet Explorer within Chrome. It works on windows operating system only.
- Perfect PixelThe extension help develop your websites with per pixel accuracy! You can overlay jpeg layout on top of the website.
- ValidityClick the icon in the address bar or press Alt+Shift+V to validate the current page. Results can be seen in Chrome's JS console.
- Edit this cookieEdit This Cookie is a cookie manager. You can add, delete, edit, search, protect and block cookies!