The WordPress plugin directory is bulging with almost 60,000 essential plugins. Most are designed to add a feature or a function to a website. While some of them are better than others only a tiny fraction qualify as “best in class”.
Finding any of the best in the bunch can take a fair amount of digging. Which is why we looked to the experts for a helping hand.
One or more from the following selection of 10 top WordPress plugins for 2022 could give a website the additional functionality. That could make it a game changer for you, and for your business.
Your website’s niche obviously determines the types of cool WordPress plugins you should consider.
You will see what these must have WordPress plugins could do for one or more websites of yours or your clients. Then you’ll see why your return on investment could potentially be huge.
The Amelia WordPress booking plugin fully automates booking activities and interactions among clients, employees, and company management. It supersedes vitally important yet time-consuming and costly manual work that can tend to be error prone.
- Clients can eliminate wait times by booking, rescheduling, or canceling appointments online 24/7 from the application’s front end
- One-time or recurring appointments can be booked and can be shown on calendar view
- Reminders and notifications to clients are automated and can dramatically cut down no-shows
- Employee assignments and work schedules are tracked and managed; employees can charge different rates for different assignments
- Deposits and payments can be done online
- Amelia can manage an unlimited number of clients, appointments, and employee assignments at multiple locations and from a single platform
Amelia is easy to use, well documented, and customer support is there for you if you ever need assistance.
Click on the banner to find out more about what Amelia could do for you.
The wpDataTables WordPress plugin was designed to create interactive, responsive, front-end editable, and fully customizable tables and charts quickly and easily so they can be readily incorporated into any WordPress page or post.
When you include wpDataTables in your design toolbox you can:
- Create dynamic charts using Google Charts, Highcharts, Chart.js, or Apex Charts.
- Use multi-criteria filtering and single or multiple-column sorting techniques to present information precisely the way you want to
- Create tables and charts from multiple database sources (e.g., MY SQL MS SQL PostgreSQL) and in any of the popular formats
- Apply Conditional Formatting techniques to highlight or color code key data or information
wpDataTables integrates seamlessly with Elementor, Avada, Divi, and WPBakery.
Click on the banner to find out more about this impressive table and chart building plugin.
The Site Kit plugin brings the best of Google tools to Word Press. It brings you insights into how people find and use your site that you can use to make it more successful on the web.
Site Kit shows key metrics and insights from various Google tools such as:
- Search Console: that helps you understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages and tracks how many people saw your site in Search results, and the query they used in their search.
- Analytics: that explore how users navigate your site and tracks the goals you have set up for your users to complete.
- AdSense: that tracks your site earnings.
- Page Speed Comparisons: that measure how your pages performance compared to other real-world sites
You can also use Site Kit to set up A/B tests to optimize performance. Click on the banner to find out more.
Slider Revolution is much more than a WordPress slider builder. It works seamlessly alongside other popular WordPress page-building tools to provide powerful visual editing capabilities users need to produce jaw-dropping responsive designs.
Slider Revolution –
- features an all-encompassing collection of website and slider templates, blocks, addons, and special effects
- helps you create expensive-looking websites
- gives you access to dynamic data from WooCommerce and social media sites.
You can use Tablesome to create responsive and feature-rich HTML tables. You can create scrollable HTML tables with images inside them. The HTML tables are editable and can have data table elements such as table filter, search, sort, and pagination.
You can customize and style HTML tables without CSS such as changing the alignment, removing table borders, adjusting the margin and the spacing between columns & rows (cell spacing & padding), and more.
Oh, and it has a lot of data automation features!
TheDock offers a unique theme building experience that is both quick and fun. When using TheDock to build a WordPress theme you can –
- leverage core WordPress features
- manage your theme by a visual editor in WordPress
- generate readable code that makes your theme fast, secure and scalable.
Code generated by TheDock can be extended when needed to give designers and developers a common working environment.
Content you create with LayerSlider can be used to make an otherwise unadventurous website appealing and engaging by adding spice, flair, and a touch of excitement.
- Anyone can apply LayerSlider’s features to any website to make it grab visitors' attention and stand out from the crowd.
- LayerSlider features 160+ website, slider, and popup templates, an easy-to-use and modern drag-and-drop editor interface.
Want to start selling digital downloads online, today? Once you’ve created your site, Download Monitor will help you share any type of content with the world, including Google Drive and Amazon S3 files
With - the PRO version of Download Monitor - you can:
- promote your social media networks and place your ads
- use files hosted on your Google Drive or Amazon S3 as Download Monitor files
- gate your content and require users personal information
- create access rules by role, user, and IP address.
- and more.
With respect to ads management, the Ads Pro plugin is a must have.
With Ads Pro you can manage unlimited ad spaces for free and paid ads and show or hide ads according to predetermined dates and times.
- Ads Pro provides 25+ ads templates and 20+ display options to display ads.
- Display options include random ads, hover ads, floating ads, popup ads, background ads, and more.
With the Ultimate Membership Pro plugin, you can convert your WordPress website into a powerful content selling platform.
With Ultimate Membership Pro you can -
- create unlimited subscription levels.
- create free, trial, and paid member subscriptions.
- charge your subscribers on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- send welcome emails to new members, email payment receipts, and remind members before their account expires automatically.
The WordPress plugin directory contains nearly 60,000 plugins. More than you probably want to sift through to find what you feel you need. The purpose of this guide is to narrow the number down. We give you a selection of the best WordPress plugins for your websites.
We consulted with those who know what to look for to create this list of 10 top WordPress plugins. Plugins that can help you with content strategy, SEO, site security, business operation streamlining, and more.
Installing these essential WordPress plugins and getting new functionality is an excellent way to demonstrate WordPress at its best.