Without any doubt, I went to Google and search for "Modal Window Gallery", it didn't disappoint me, I found exactly the modal window I need, with extra bonus features.
Here we have a full-featured jQuery Modal Windows called LightGallery. I was quite surprise because I haven't seen this before. It supports responsive layout and you can define separate settings for different breakpoint. This feature can't be found in other modal windows.
There always a problem in mobile with modal window image gallery - the image is still very small even though it's shown in modal dialogue. LightGallery addressed this issue nicely. You can zoom in and zoom out easily using the control. Touch and drag to see the rest of the image. This is particularly useful in mobile where viewport is small.
- Fully responsive - will adapt to any device.
- Separate settings per breakpoint.
- Gallery mode to create an image slideshow with thumbnails
- Supports swipe and mouseDrag
- Add or remove slides dynamically.
- Small file size, fully themed, simple to implement.
- CSS transitions with jQuery fallback.
- Full callback API and public methods.
- Auto play and infinite loop to create a content carousel.
- Keyboard, arrows and dots navigation.
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE7+, IOS, Android, windows phone.
- Slide and Fade Effects.
- Auto width, Vertical Slide, Adaptiveheight, Rtl support...
- Multiple instances on one page.
- Slide anything (youtube, vimeo , google map ...)