MindMup sees the flaws in most of the rich text editors and decided to create a HTML5 WYSIWYG version that removes all those "unnecessary magics" such as iFrame and backup textareas, old browser supports and make it plays well with bootstrap. The result? with HTML5, they manage to create this editor in less than 5k with everything you need!
- Automatically binds standard hotkeys for common operations on Mac and Windows
- Drag and drop files to insert images, support image upload (also taking photos on mobile devices)
- Allows a custom built toolbar, no magic markup generators, enabling the web site to use all the goodness of Bootstrap, Font Awesome and so on...
- Does not force any styling - it's all up to you
- Uses standard browser features, no magic non-standard code, toolbar and keyboard configurable to execute any supported browser command
- Does not create a separate frame, backup text areas etc - instead keeps it simple and runs everything inline in a DIV
- (Optionally) cleans up trailing whitespace and empty divs and spans
- Requires a modern browser (tested in Chrome 26, Firefox 19, Safari 6)
- Supports mobile devices (tested on IOS 6 Ipad/Iphone and Android 4.1.1 Chrome)