I managed to find top 8 image sliders with amazing and impressive transition effects. Almost all of them have more than 10 to 20 cool builtin animated transitions. Beware though, some image sliders are too advanced for your browser (especially Internet explorer) might not able to run it.
- TN3Gallery Supported Transition: Fade, Slide, Blinds and Grid.
- RoyalSlider RoyalSlider is responsive jQuery image gallery and content slider with touch support. It doesn't have too many fancy transitions, but all that he has look very smooth on desktop and mobile devices.
- SkitterSupported Transition: cube, cubeRandom, block, cubeStop, cubeHide, cubeSize, horizontal, showBars, showBarsRandom, tube, fade, fadeFour, paralell, blind, blindHeight, blindWidth, directionTop, directionBottom, directionRight, directionLeft, cubeStopRandom, cubeSpread, cubeJelly, glassCube, glassBlock, circles, circlesInside, circlesRotate, cubeShow, upBars, downBars, hideBars, swapBars, swapBarsBack, random, randomSmart.
- Wow SliderSupported Transition: Blast, Fly, Blinds, Squares, Slices, Basic, Fade, Ken Burns, Stack, Stack vertical and Basic linear.
- Slider.jsSupported Transition: Circles, squares, circle, diamond, vertical sunblind, vertical open, clock, horizontal open, horizontal sunblind, fade left, opacity, simple, zoom in, zoom out, flip, card flip, rotate and scale in, rotate and scale out, top fade, skew flip, left, top, oblique.
- Flux SliderSupported Transition: bars, zip, blinds, blocks, concentric, warp, slide, swipe, dissolve, blocks2, bars3D, cube, tiles3D, blinds3D, turn.
- Nivo SliderSupported Transition: sliceDown, sliceDownLeft, sliceUp, sliceUpLeft, sliceUpDown, sliceUpDownLeft, fold, fade, random, slideInRight, slideInLeft, boxRandom, boxRain, boxRainReverse, boxRainGrow, boxRainGrowReverse.
- Avia SliderSupported Transition: diagonal blocks, winding blocks, randomized blocks, dropping curtain, fading curtain, fading top curtain, fullwidth fade slider, direction fade slider.
- SliceBox SliderSupported Transition: Interesting, you can make your own transition by specifying slicesCount, disperseFactor, sequentialRotaion and sequentialFactor.
- Smart GallerySupported Transition: fade in, blind, appear, fill in, explode, jumble, rising bars, falling bars, paint, diagonal, crunching bars, slide in.
Comments will be moderated and
rel="nofollow"will be added to all links. You can wrap your coding with
[code][/code]to make use of built-in syntax highlighter.
One the reasons I'm asking is I'm teaching myself jQuery and working on an image "slider". I'd like to add a couple effects but from-scratch dev seems silly. There's got to be a library of such things, yes?
I am working on a template with a snow-board theme in mind and I would feature a custom-built image slider and I know it might be wrong to ask, but could you direct me to somewhere I could find some winter-sports/snow-boarding royalty free images? I will be selling the template and I wouldn't want to have to deal with purchasing the images (I am over my budget as it is). Since I am working from home, I am trying save up on the spending as much as I can (beginner freelance = opportunist) :-)
Thank you very much.
I may recommend a source where I always find free assets. You can check www.creattor.com. Just a simple search and certainly you will find tones of images about winter. Usually are free for commercial use, but I suggest you to read the license twice, because some of them could be only for personal use.
also i know another nice one. check it out here : www.cuteslider.com
Mind you that the link to slider.js is dead.
Here is a working link:
I also found this one very useful jQuery slider creator and it’s totally free: http://www.hislider.com
It also supports ken burns effect… WYSIWYG & Full-Customise