The proxy server stands somewhere in-between PC and the Internet. You can consider it an intermediate that connects your browser and services you can find on the Internet, including SaaS platforms and websites. It can speed up the Internet connection and grant you extra security. There are multiple USA proxies on the market, so you need to find the most suitable for your work. Learn how to install it with this helpful guide.
Proxy Server for Firefox
Unlike many other browsers, Firefox does not have proxy settings by default. If you want to use it, you have to follow the next instructions:
- Open the browser and find the three horizontal lines button in the upper right corner;
- Click it and find Options in the menu;
- In the window that popped up, pick Network Setting, click on Settings;
- Select the option you need. You may choose “Auto-detect proxy settings for this network” which is the easiest option;
- Press the OK button.
Proxy Server for Internet Explorer
This browser uses Windows proxy settings by default. You can set it up manually. Follow the next moves:
- Open the browser and find the Tools icon in the right corner;
- Choose the Internet options from the opened menu. It will lead you to the dialog window;
- Go to the Connections section you see in the upper panel of the dialog window;
- Pick the LAN settings button in the middle of the display;
- You will see the Proxy server settings there. Put a tick in the box “Use a proxy server for your LAN”;
- Write down the Address and Port of the server you want. Click on the OK button.
Proxy Server for Google Chrome
Chrome uses proxy on Windows and macOS by default. If you need to change it, you have to follow the next instruction:
- Go to Chrome. Find three dots menu in the upper right corner;
- Pick Settings in the menu and go to the Settings page;
- Go down to the Advanced button;
- Find a “Open your computer’s proxy settings” button and click on it;
- You will see the Connections tab with the LAN settings button in it;
- Put a tick near “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and provide the Address and Port you want to use;
- Click on the OK button to finish the procedure.
Proxy Server for Your PC
Windows already goes with pre-installed Proxy. Yet, if you need to switch it, you have to do it manually. Here are your moves:
- Go to the Control Panel on your Windows. Pick the Internet Options there;
- Find the tab Connections in the popped up dialog box;
- Click the LAN settings button you see on the page;
- Put the tick in the box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN”;
- Push the Advanced button and provide proxy addresses in the Proxy Settings box that appear. Once you decide which proxy and port you want to choose, press OK.
Proxy Server with Ease
As you may have noticed, there is nothing complicated in setting up the proxy. Still, you can always avoid the trouble by using the server you have by default on almost all your browsers and PC. If you know more options, you can share them in the comments below. How crucial for you is to use Proxy? Leave your comments under the article.