Mebsite performance should be on the top of your list in web development or before the deployment. Most users hate a website that load slowly and they most likely will leave the website too. There you go, your potential customers.
Here we have a great infographic that outlines some staggering facts of slow websites and useful tips and tips to optimize your website. Based on the infographic, there are a few common factors that affecting a website loading speed:
- Unoptimized Bulky Images
- Content served without HTTP compression
- Too many CSS Image requests
- No caching information
You'll be amazed how loading speed could affect your business. Here's a few that listed in the infographic:
- Website speed can determine your search ranking in Google search result.
- Users tend to abandon slow websites, you might lost some potential customers.
- Your business won't able to compete with other competitors.
Here's the infographic:
Credit: On Blast Blog