Ever since flash died, HTML5 video is basically took over online video player. Vimeo and Youtube, the two giant online video streaming services have been using HTML5 solution for quite a long time too, and that accelerated the acceptance of HTML5 video player online dramatically.
Introducing Plyr - a lightweight, accessible and customisable media player. Depend on your needs, Plyr supports modern browsers only. To make customisable easy, it's bundled with many configurable options, a set of API method to control video playback, volumn, caption and etc. It has events/callbacks based on HTML5 specification.
- Accessible - full support for captions and screen readers.
- Lightweight - just 6KB minified and gzipped.
- Customisable - make the player look how you want with the markup you want.
- Semantic - uses the right elements.
<input type="range">for volume and
<progress>for progress and well,
<button>s for buttons.
- Responsive - as you'd expect these days.
- Audio & Video - support for both formats.v
- API - toggle playback, volume, seeking, and more.
- Fullscreen - supports native fullscreen with fallback to "full window" modes.
- Bootstrap - Play nicely with Twitter Bootstrap