There are so many useful online tools nowadays, I found myself have a few of them up my sleeve that I have been using because they are straight forward, quick and do exactly what they meant to do precisely and correctly. Most of the web development online tools are great time savers, and some even able to enhance the quality of your work and help you to produce high quality websites. One drawback though, when there isn't Internet connection you would not able to use them; in the other hand, if you are in client site, or remote area with Internet access, you will able to use them without any prior app installation.
- SimplessOh well, this isn't an online tool. It's a free offline LESS code compiler. If you're using LESS, this is a great tool that auto detect the changes and compile it. Available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- CSSWrapA pretty cool CSS text to path generator.
- LayerStylesTired of remembering all the new CSS3 new properties and prefixes? Layerstyle using the interface of photoshop layer style and allow you to configure drop shadow, inner shadow, background, border and border radius easily.
- BearCSSBearCSS generates CSS template based on the uploaded HTML document by picking up all the HTML elements used.
- ShowIFThis is a simple if...else tools that allow user to set the conditions based on the client's environment (browser, OS, resolution...) and perform certain action if it matches the conditions.
- JPEG MiniReduce the file size of your photo by up to 5x, while keeping thier original quality and JPEG format.
- PunyPNGPunyPNG is an impage compressor for designers and developers. It can dramatically reduces the file size of your images without any loss of quality.
- SpritePadA quick and user friendly online CSS sprite generator that supports drag and drop of images and it will generate the CSS code you need.
- SpriteMeSpriteMe is a different way to create CSS sprite. It's a bookmarklet that detects images currently on your website and make the CSS sprite accordingly.
- BrowsersUseful browser sandbox. It allows you to run any browser instantly without the needs to install it on your computer. However, currently, it only supports Windows platform. Mac and linux are on its way.
- SpurAppSpurApp uses different method to test the usability and design layout by utilising different technique such as grayscale, intersections, spacers, contrast, blur, mirror etc to show you the flaw of your design that you might have overlooked.
- PingdomPingdom test the load time of your website, analyze it and find bottlenecks.
- Loads.inLoads.in calculate the loading time of your website.
- HTML5 TestThe HTML5 test score is an indication of how well your browser supports the upcoming HTML5 standard and related specifications. Even though the specification isn't finalized yet, all major browser manufacturers are making sure their browser is ready for the future.